Thursday, August 9, 2012

One Wondrous Comfort



I woke in the middle of the night and had trouble returning to sleep.


When that happens, I've learned to take my cue. 
I open my Bible.



This time the pages randomly opened to Psalm 121. As I read the opening lines, I was surprised. They were the same ones I'd embroidered on a pillow years ago. Hours earlier while straightening that very pillow, I'd taken time to read the words. I noticed how years of use had worn away the purple floss so that some words were missing letters and how the ada cloth was no longer white.


Still, I couldn't bring myself to throw the pillow away, even though I knew these two verses by heart.

As I lay in bed with my finger on the Bible page, I read the entire psalm. Its words comforted me.

I placed the open book over my heart and slept.








This morning as I walked, I lifted my eyes to the hills. Shortly after, I lifted my camera.
This evening, I lifted the image onto my laptop.

It's amazing how God works.
Three different moments.
Same psalmic thought.
One wondrous comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment